Monday, April 7, 2008

ARRRRGHHHH!

Okay kinda frustrated.

I am frustrated partly because I am at home working on stuff for my day job, but mostly because I have been told that the book for the course will not be available until Saturday. This sucks! I sent an email to the Adult Education Coordinator at Miami-Dade College earlier today re: not having the books and expressed my concerns. Needless to say, there was nothing she could say or do except assure me that the books were coming and that the instructor was giving us ample handouts and lecture to cover the material. Then I get, what I believe to be a well intentioned email from my instructor informing me that the coordinator spoke to him about her conversation with me. He then continued by suggesting that I study hard because the next quiz was "going to be hard".

HELLLOOOOO!!!!!!! BOOOOKKSSSS!!!!!!!

Is it just me? Last time I was in school, books played an important role in the preparation of quizzes and test. Call me "old school" but geez. I guess I'll just have to work off my notes.

Okay I feel much better now. Back to work researching underage drinking statistics for Miami Beach...don't even get me started....

C.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, look at the "millenium generation" info and see that Colleges and Universities cater to no books, email courses, online tests...........
So I will call you old school, Carl.
You will do great on the quiz and in the course over all. However, stats for Miami Beach is NOT GOOD. Perhaps the quote below may be apropos here.
Later

Lina

Anonymous said...

you're too funny. don't worry carl, i'm sure you'll do well. how can your instructor give you a quiz on material that you don't have, so if you just study from your notes then i'm sure you'll do fine. let me know how you do.

Joy

annanimity said...

If you have his address, photo & 10K, I can take care of it for you.

Just sayin'

Carl "Charlie" Arrogante said...

I'll keep that in mind. I guess it's good to have friends in low places...yikes!