Sunday, April 6, 2008

I like mine rare please...

"Our bodies are essentially made up of steaks." -Ricky Gonzalez

This was the theme of my last class. Yesterday's class covered neuro-muscular and skeletal functions, basic nutritional principals and nutritional planning. It was actually very interesting but because of the pace of the class it was kinda intense, almost intimidating. But I remained focused and I think I got it. I just have to study so I don't forget. All the calculations and stuff are tricky!

We still have not received the book for the class which sucks but the instructor's lecture is very thorough and he assures us that if we study the notes and handouts, we won't miss much. Supposedly, we are to be getting the book on Monday. I hope so. Time is ticking away.

One interesting development is that because the curriculum for the class was changed at the last minute (hence not having the book) I am actually taking a certification that is more rigorous than the original course curriculum. But because I already bought the materials for the other certification, I am eligible to take that certification as well. So my plan is to take this certification test on May 4th, then sign up for the other certification test shortly after that. The material is more or less the same and my instructor feels that I would have no problem (assuming of course I do well on the first test) passing the other test. So basically I could potentially be certified by two associations in one shot! Wish me luck!

Not intending to jump the gun or anything but I have been thinking of names for my future business. It's actually harder than you would think. All the cool names are taken! I was thinking about names like "Hybrid Fitness" or "Continuum Fitness" or even "Koi Fitness" but alas they are all taken. I really don't want to use the word "fitness" in the name, but I'm still working on an alternative. I am looking for a name that is modern and not too "fitness-y" if that makes any sense. I want the name to embody/incorporate the things that I am into like the integration of ideas, lifestyles, concepts, metaphor, you know all that crazy stuff that I am into. I intend to bring this (basically all my being) all into my way of training and stuff. Sounds kinda hokey huh?

Got any ideas?

C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not like the "steak" analogy.
As far as a name......................... I will begin to think of key words and then you can narrow down to what you like.
Saludos, Lina

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to work with you. I know you will pass the test and will make a great personal trainer.

Anonymous said...

i like your ideas of incorporating your training with fitness and i think it's a good idea to not use the word fitness because i think it may be somewhat intimidating to the people you are trying to attract, but i could be wrong. are you looking to empower the mind by empowering the body and vice versa? if so, that would be awesome and i think it would attract an array of people.

Joy