Saturday, April 12, 2008

Good News and Bads news

Which one do you want to hear first? First the bad news...

So I show up to the class today and "guess what?" NO BOOKS! Can you believe it?! We have two weeks of lecture remaining until the certification test, and still no book. CRAP! Needless to say the class was pretty upset about it. Despite the obvious effort on our instructors part to practically give us the test in the lecture materials and handouts, most of the class feels at a great disadvantage. Most of the students in the class have experience in a gym either personally or professionally, but other students are completely new at the "iron game" and are totally lost or at least struggling. So during the break I sent a pretty rough email to the educational coordinator stating how I felt about the situation. I added that if I did not feel adequately prepared for the exam (for which I have to pay and additional $150 fee) I would demand a refund. Come to think of it, the school should pay for the retest if anyone fails the test. If it comes to that I will be sure to suggest that next week. So lets see if the coordinator contacts me.

But now the good news...

I got an 85% on my quiz! Myself and another dude were the highest in the class. Plus I got extra credit or at least props from the instructor because I knew the rationale behind one of the trick questions (even though I got it wrong on the test). Here is the question:

"When utilizing the Phosphagen Energy System, you mostly deplete or breakdown your stored ATP, ADP and CP. TRUE or FALSE"

I should have read the question more carefully, that is the reason I got it wrong. Because the answer is clear...

Do you know the answer?


C.

Answer: False. Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP) is not broken down during phosphagentic energy synthesis. It is created through the giving up of a phosphate from Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) and binds with Creatine Phosphate (CP) to resynthesize back to ATP. WHEEWW!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i think that anyone who knows you knew that you would do well on the quiz regardless of the fact that you didn't have all the materials. but, congrats anyway!!!! i'm proud of you. now go celebrate with some gelato!!! just kidding!

Carl "Charlie" Arrogante said...

yummy sounds good! Thanks for the support! Now...Heath Bar fudge or Mint Chocolate Chip?

Unknown said...

hellooooo, mint chocolate chip of course!!!