Friday, April 4, 2008

Last post for today

Well it's the end of the day and the work week and I am getting ready to snuggle up on the couch with Agi and watch another episode of "Six Feet Under."

But before I could reward myself with that, I did some research on the net about how to write a business plan and starting a new business. I have to say there is a lot of stuff out there to soak in! So I did what any new entrepreneur would do...I went to Barnes and Noble and got "Becoming a Personal Trainer for Dummies". It's actually really good! Granted it presents the steps on starting a personal training business in very broad strokes, but for a newbie like me it's perfect. I have also made some initial contacts with my local SCORE chapter. If you don't know about this great non-profit, it is basically an organization made up of volunteers that mentor people like me who want to start a small businesses. My rationale is that I want to get as much support and learnin' as possible on the business end because after an entire career of working in health care and non-profits, business stuff is very foreign to me.

Tomorrow is my second day of class at Miami-Dade. Call me a freak but I have been thinking about class all week! I guess that's a sign huh?!

C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about the "journey". Sharing experiences has twofold benefits: for the one sharing and for those reading about it. For me, reading about the emotions while on the journey, as well as the experiences, helps on my own journey. Looking forward to the postings as Carl counts down!
Lina
This is my first posting --- ever, ever --- on a blog. So, if this does not sound right as far as what I am writing, I will learn.
:-)

Carl "Charlie" Arrogante said...

Thanks Lina. Welcome to the blogosphere! I couldn't agree with you more re: the mutual benefits of sharing one's journey. Somehow it makes it more real. The Narrative Family therapists, a la Micheal White, used to call this "witnessing". The making real of ones inner experience by storytelling and sharing with the tribe. Goes back to early man days. Cool huh?